If you want your wedding day to be beautiful and unforgettable, you need to put in a lot of effort and plan everything properly. To make your life easier you should read this ultimate wedding planning checklist, it covers all important things you need to do before your big day with a timeline format and you only need 6 months to get things ready. So let’s get started!
6 months before the wedding:
– The meeting of the two families and determining the exact date of the wedding (this is especially important if they never met before).
– Picture how your wedding is going to look like (is it going to be a classic wedding or is it going to have some sort of a special theme).
– Choose who will be your best man or bridesmaid.
– Make calculations: how many guests are you going to have, how much is the wedding going to cost etc…
– Decide where is the wedding party going to be (make sure that there is enough space for all of your guests).
4 months before the wedding:
– Reserve a car or a limo for your wedding day.
– Choose and buy your wedding rings.
– Make a guest list.
– Choose your invitation cards.
– Arrange the absence with your boss and make sure that you can be absent from work while you are on your honeymoon.
– Choose a band or a DJ for your wedding party.
3 months before the wedding:
– Make arrangements with your hair and makeup artist.
– Take dance lessons if you don’t know how to dance.
– Prepare your honeymoon.
– If you need to lose a few pounds before the wedding put yourself on a diet and start an exercise routine.
2 months before the wedding:
– Invite the guests by sending invitation in a letter.
– Choose your wedding dress.
– Find a photographer and a cameraman for the big day.
– Prepare your wedding vows if you desire.
6 weeks before the wedding:
– Organize bachelor and bachelorette parties.
– Order a bouquet and other floral decoration.
– Go the beauty salon and schedule some treatments.
– Order a wedding cake.
2 weeks before the wedding:
– Make seating arrangements.
– Make sure the menu is ready.
– Order drinks and alcohol.
– Pack the bags for your honeymoon.
– Get a haircut if needed.
– Take care of any small details like a knife for cutting the cake and other things.
1 week before the wedding:
– Try on your dress / suit and see if it fits comfortably.
– If you bought new shoes start using them so that they will be comfortable for the weeding.
– Do a pedicure and manicure.
The day before the weeding:
– Go to the spa to get a massage.
– Hold the dinner rehearsal.
– Givegifts to your parents.
– Go to your bachelor or bachelorette party.
After your wedding day:
– If you are going straight to your honeymoon have someone take your wedding dress and keepsakes first.
– Keep the top layer of your wedding cake for your 1st anniversary.
– Send thank you cards about 6-8 weeks after.
– Enjoy your life and love and cherish each other for the rest of your lives!